SOCIETY OF CONSTRUCTION LAW, INDIA (SCL, India) & CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ARBITRATORS, UK (CIArb)
are pleased to jointly announce…
CIArb ACCELERATED ROUTE TO MEMBERSHIP (MODULE 2)
- Course Date: 10th & 11th December 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Course Time : 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (2 day course)
- Venue: India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi
Aim of the programme:
The Accelerated Route to Membership (ARM) is to provide fast track Membership through the international arbitration pathway. The aim of the programme is to assess whether the candidates have the knowledge to understand the process of International Arbitration. The programme covers the law underpinning the process and procedure of international arbitration. It is valuable for anyone in the practice of international arbitration generally, whether as a party or party representative. It is also essential step for anyone aiming for Fellowship and for those who aim to practice as an arbitrator. This is an assessment programme as opposed to a purely teaching module. It is recommended that the candidates are familiar with UNCITRAL Model Law and Arbitration Rules.
About Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK:
CIArb, UK is a leading professional membership organization representing the interests of alternative dispute resolution practitioners worldwide. It has completed its centenary in 2015 and has over 14,000 members across more than 130 countries. It has 37 Branches besides Chapters all over the world. CIArb India is one of these Branches. The membership is not by subscription but only through qualification.
About Society of Construction Law, India:
SCL, India was setup under the umbrella of SCL, UK as well as SCL, International. SCL, India along with all SCLs across the globe are Not-For-Profit Organizations and their primary objective is to conduct training programmes on construction law and allied subjects.
Who can attend?
Candidates who have successfully completed Associate Level (ACIArb) Introductory Course and are aspiring to get Member Grade Certification (MCIArb).
How the course will be delivered:
The programme will be conducted over 2 days by CIArb approved tutors where the candidates will be required to attend assessment workshops followed by written examination
- Assessment 1 – An interactive assessment in series of workshops, where situation will be presented to candidates in groups for consideration. Candidate’s knowledge, judgment and interactive/self presentation skills are assessed by oral exercises. Candidates will be permitted to use any materials they wish throughout the workshops.
- Assessment 2 – A written assignment to be submitted during the course. (20%)
- Assessment 3 – A three hour closed book examination. (80%). No materials except an unmarked copy of UNCITRAL Model Law and Arbitration Rules will be permitted in the examination hall.
What happens when I register for the course?
Upon successful registration, candidates will receive confirmation email that they are registered for the course. CIArb Workbook and other study materials for the course will be emailed to the registered candidates upon the successful registration.
What is my next step when I complete the course?
On successful completion of this course, candidates may apply for Membership of CIArb & MCIArb Accreditation and subsequently proceed for Fellowship.
- General Participants : Rs. 35,000/
- SCL, India Members : Rs. 32,000/-
The fee includes registration fee for the course, the first attempt at the assessment, study materials, and lunch and refreshments on all two days.
Last date for registration:
Date: 1st December 2016
(Due to limited seats, registration on first come first served basis)
For further details, please contact:
Society of Construction Law, India
E-367A, Greater Kailash 1, New Delhi – 110048
Ph. – 011-41731308-09; E-mail: email@example.com
Register for this course following the 3 step process below: