SOCIETY OF CONSTRUCTION LAW, INDIA (SCL, India) & CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ARBITRATORS, UK (CIArb)
are pleased to jointly announce…
CIArb CERTIFICATE COURSE ON LAW OF OBLIGATIONS AND CIVIL EVIDENCE (MODULE 1)
- Course Date: 5th to 7th November 2016 (Saturday to Monday)
- Course Time : 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (3 day course)
- Venue: India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi
Who can attend:
- Non-Lawyers: Module I is mandatory for non-lawyers who have Associate Grade Certification (ACIArb) and are aspiring to get Member Grade Certification (MCIArb).
- Lawyers: Lawyers are exempted from attending Module I and can opt for Accelerated Route to Membership (Module II) for MCIArb certification (provided they already have Associate Grade certification). However, this course is highly recommended even for lawyers.
Aim of the programme:
To provide an understanding of the law of obligations and civil evidence. This course is intended for individuals who may not have studied law previously and wish to gain an understanding of the elements of the law of obligations and civil evidence that affect matters in civil and commercial disputes. It is suitable for anyone with a general interest in dispute resolution and is essential for individuals who wish to go for MCIArb Accreditation and to become qualified arbitrators and arbitration professionals.
About Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK:
CIArb, UK is a leading professional membership organization representing the interests of alternative dispute resolution practitioners worldwide. It has completed its centenary in 2015 and has over 14,000 members across more than 130 countries. It has 37 Branches besides Chapters all over the world. CIArb India is one of these Branches. The membership is not by subscription but only through qualification.
About Society of Construction Law, India:
SCL, India was setup under the umbrella of SCL, UK as well as SCL, International. SCL, India along with all SCLs across the globe are Not-For-Profit Organizations and their primary objective is to conduct training programmes on construction law and allied subjects.
How the course will be delivered:
Over various sessions during three days by CIArb approved and globally recognized tutors on Law of Contract, Law of Tort and Law of Evidence.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- explain the sources of law and demonstrate how these are used in a common law jurisdiction;
- evaluate the nature and significance of the different types of obligations which can exist between parties;
- the potential overlap between contractual and tortious claims;
- evaluate and apply contractual and tortious remedies;
- explain the rules of evidence relating to civil or commercial litigation;
- critically analyse a problem using the law of contract, the law of tort and the rules of evidence
What happens when I register for the course?
Upon successful registration, candidates will receive confirmation email that they are booked for the course. CIArb Workbook and other study materials for the course will be emailed to the registered candidates around ten days prior to the course.
What is my next step when I complete the course?
On successful completion of this course, candidates may progress to Module 2 – The Laws of Arbitration in International Commercial Arbitration.
- General Participants: Rs. 30,000/-
- SCL, India Members: Rs. 27,000/-
- Students : Rs. 20,000/-
The fee includes registration fee for the course, the first attempt at the assessment, study materials, and lunch and refreshments on all three days.
Last date for registration:
Date: 1st November 2016
(Due to limited seats, registration on first come first served basis)
For further details, please contact:
Society of Construction Law, India
E-367A, Greater Kailash 1, New Delhi – 110048
Ph. – 011-41731308-09; E-mail: email@example.com
Register for this course following the 3 step process below: