What does the Society of Construction Law, India do?
- Provides member-only access to professional material such as published papers and other resources.
- Offers networking opportunities with other interested and professional individuals and companies.
- Facilitates educational conferences, seminars and lectures.
- Supports educational bodies;.
- Sponsors an annual prize paper.
- Generally promotes interest in construction law in India.
Where is the SCL, India based?
The head office of the Society of Construction Law, India is situated at E-367A, Greater Kailash 1, New Delhi, India.
Are there any mentoring programmes organised by the SCL, India?
SCL, India is soon going to organise courses on construction law, for which various well reputed international personalities have given their consent.
What does the constitution say?
Downloadable copy of the constitution is available on the website.
Is there a qualification linked to the SCL, India membership?
Membership of the Society does not afford a qualification as such. However, SCL, India membership is highly regarded, builds credibility and may be mentioned on a CV.
Am I eligible to join?
Members are drawn from all interested and professional individuals, companies and organisations involved in construction law in India, across all sectors of the construction industry, and include architects, engineers, surveyors, contractors, developers, attorneys, advocates, arbitrators and experts.
In addition, the SCL, India also welcomes academics and students with an interest in construction law and allows for academic membership at reduced fees.
How do I join?
- Complete the membership application online.
- The Council will consider your application and reply within two weeks.
- You will be notified of your membership approval via email.
- Once approved, please follow the instructions emailed to you regarding the online payment process of your membership fees. Membership subscriptions are payable annually in advance.
What is the membership fee?
- Annual membership fee for professionals with over five years of experience – Rs. 2000/-
- Annual membership fee for professionals with five or under five years of experience – Rs. 1000/-
- Annual membership fee for students – Rs. 500/-
Can I come along to a meeting before I decide?
Yes, you are most welcome to come as a guest of a member.